Are Christians Supposed to Have Fun?

Rick Thomas | 10/23/2018 | Rick Thomas
PaMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/RMlogoAreChristiansSupposedtoHaveFun.jpg

One of our members asked me about a worldview on having fun. She wondered if she was supposed to have fun, and she expressed how there seems to be an element of mystery about what fun should look like for a Christian.

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

Are Christians supposed to have fun? If so, what constitutes fun for the believer? Do you have a “fun theology?” Let’s get personal: Do you have fun? Are you a fun person?

Christians - Grief - Season - Believers - Disposition

It is not unusual to run into Christians who are “un-fun,” or they are unhappy. I’m not speaking of those who are going through grief or a season of suffering. I’m talking about believers whose disposition is unhappiness.

They do not smile a lot, can be quick-tempered, and more than likely cynical. (Cynicism is a growing numbness toward life, coupled with suspicion toward people.) It is as though life has slapped them in the face one too many times and they have given up joy, happiness and biblical fun in God’s world.

Fun - Option - Christians - Awkward - Persona

Christo-centric fun is not an option for them. These Christians present an awkward and out-of-step persona that confuses their secular counterparts. It is like the convicts are having all the fun while those on the “freedom side of the razor wire” are miserable.

It appears that these unhappy Christians are angrier than their secular counterparts, which is odd when you consider who has adopted them. It is the difference between the unhappy rich kid and the unhappy poor kid. Both of them are unhappy, but because the rich kid is wealthy, his unhappiness seems worse.

Child - Problems - Problems - Kid - Affluence

The wealthy child’s problems are not nearly as significant as the problems of the poor kid because of the affluence of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: