Andrew Brunson Might Not Have Survived Prison Without Norine

ChurchLeaders | 10/23/2018 | Staff
Sugar12 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/CL_Andrew_NorineBrunson_642x428.jpg

Andrew Brunson likens his miraculous release from a Turkish prison to the ordeal Joseph (from Genesis) went through in Egypt. During his two-year imprisonment in Turkey, Brunson and his wife, Norine, didn’t know how long he would be there, let alone if he would ever see his children again. The couple lost hope of being together again multiple times. And as suddenly as the imprisonment started, it was over.

“A week ago today I was standing before judges; they were clearly going to convict me of being a terrorist, and we didn’t know how many years they would give me. And then within 24 hours [I was released and] we were praying for the President,” Brunson told the 700 Club in a video interview.

Andrew - Norine - Brunson - Coup - Attempt

Both Andrew and Norine Brunson were imprisoned in 2016 following a failed coup attempt aimed at taking President Recep Tayyip Erdogan out of power. The Brunsons, who have lived and ministered in Turkey for over 20 years, were rounded up, along with thousands of others suspected of “terrorism” or conspiracy against Erdogan. It was likely the Brunsons’ work with Syrian refugees, some of whom were Kurdish, that flagged them for suspicion. The Kurds are a minority group that spans across Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran that are not on the friendliest of terms with Erdogan’s government. The Trump administration took it upon themselves to convince Erdogan to release Brunson.

“It was a surprise; we never saw that coming,” Norine said of their imprisonment. Andrew admitted he had thought about a lot of dangers befalling them in their two decades of ministry and church planting in Turkey, but prison wasn’t one of them. Anyone planting churches in Turkey is likely to experience death threats, Andrew explained. Their church, Izmir Resurrection Church, even suffered an attack at one point. But they...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Merry Christmas! It's not just for December any longer!