Will Smith Reveals He Called Wife Jada And Asked Her Out Minutes After Signing Divorce Papers

PEOPLE.com | 10/22/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/2way9.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2700px,1417.5px&resize=1200,630

Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith are one of Hollywood’s most charismatic couples, but their soon-to-be 21-year marriage almost never happened.

In the newest episode of Jada’s Facebook Watch show Red Table Talk released Monday, Will, 50, shares intimate details about falling in love with Jada, 47, while he was still married to his first wife Sheree Zampino. His daughter, Willow, 17, and his mother-in-law Adrienne Banfield-Jones were also present for the conversation.

Jada - Will - Role - Fresh - Prince

Jada and Will first saw each other when she was auditioning for a role on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. At the time, she was also starring in another NBC sitcom A Different World, and Will remembers seeing her and feeling instant chemistry.

“I knew there was something in our energy that would be magic,” he says, adding that he visited A Different World‘s set a few days later in hopes of meeting Jada — but instead hit it off with Zampino, a different cast member. Zampino and Will ended up marrying and having a child together, Trey, in 1992.

Jada - Husband - Misses - Time - Energy

“That’s just trippy,” Jada exclaimed as her husband added, “We had all these near misses and every time we saw each other, it was always a beautiful energy. [The first time we talked,] it was a really unique, beautiful power. We had that moment. We connected, but I was married and that was it.”

Jada cut in: “We did not have an affair while he was married, let’s be clear about that.”

Relationship - Will - Night - Conversation - Jada

Still, their platonic relationship was enough to send Will spiraling. The night after his first conversation with Jada, he remembers he “had to get up from dinner when I had a realization that I wasn’t with the person I was supposed to be with… I was sitting in a stall and I was crying and laughing uncontrollably, and I knew [Jada] was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Aim and timing is evereything.