San Diego county fights release of notorious rapist Alvin Quarles

Mail Online | 10/22/2018 | Valerie Edwards For Dailymail.com
superdudea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/22/18/5290632-0-image-a-50_1540229678863.jpg

A San Diego county is protesting the release of a man who was dubbed the 'bolder-than-most' rapist after he terrorized the area in the 1980s.

Alvin Ray Quarles, 56, was granted parole by Judge David Gill on October 12.

Years - Years - Prison - Dozen - Women

He was 27 years old when he was sentenced to 50 years in prison in 1989 for raping more than a dozen women.

Authorities believe Quarles was responsible for more than a dozen assaults throughout San Diego in the mid-to-late 1980s. Four victims were raped at knife-point.

Residents - San - Diego - Quarles - Victims

Now, residents of San Diego, including one of Quarles' victims, are trying to fight his release into the Jacumba Hot Springs area of East County.

Mary Taylor told NBC that she is fighting for her rights and the rights of other victims.

Step - Way - Decisions - Decision - Taylor

'I'm here because every step along the way when decisions were made, the wrong decision was made,' Taylor said.

'I'm not accepting it anymore – I'm done with accepting it. It's time we tell the criminal justice system victims have rights,' she added.

Taylor - Victims - Release - Violation - Marsy

Taylor said that she and other victims were not notified of his release, which is in violation of Marsy's Law. Marsy's Law provides additions rights to crime victims.

She has started an online petition to stop his release which has already gathered almost 600 signatures.

Taylor - Quarles - Residents - Quarles - Release

Taylor, who was victimized by Quarles in 1988, and other residents protested Quarles' release at Tio Leo's restaurant.

'I'm fed up with East County San Diego being used as a dumping ground,' said local resident Julia Bishop, who lives about 20 minutes from where Quarles will be released.

Safety - Residents - Area

She said she was 'concerned for the safety of all of our residents that live in that area of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!