A Lesson in Endurance

Parent Cue | 2/22/2012 | Kendra Fleming
Frost123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://theparentcue.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/airplane1-494x329.jpg

Monday’s article reminded me of my first plane trip with my oldest daughter. She was nine months old and I was a blissfully naive new mommy. We were flying from Virginia to Montana to see my family.

I was so excited to get there that I booked the earliest flight they had (mistake number one). This meant that I had the baby up, fed, bathed, in her cutest outfit, with a bow in her hair by 5:30 a.m. I was enthusiastic and not in the least deterred by the early hour.

Embarrassing - Blow - Flight - Virginia - Cincinnati

It was a little embarrassing when she had a complete blow out on the flight from Virginia to Cincinnati where we had a short layover. But not even the sound of the passengers gagging was going to deflate my enthusiasm. Being the great new mom that I was, I pulled out her one extra outfit (mistake number two) that I had packed and she was once again smelling good and looking darling.

As we were landing, I noticed my sweet baby was looking kind of green. About five seconds before the wheels hit the ground, she threw up all over me. I hadn’t packed any clean clothes for myself (mistake number three) and didn’t have anything else for her to wear. The smell was awful. People were gagging for real this time. I still had a short layover and a six-hour flight to go.

Airport - Clothes - Plane - Cincinnati - Reds

I am no longer smiling. We ran through the airport and tried to find clothes quickly before we had to get on another plane. I purchased a Cincinnati Reds T-shirt that was too big and put it on my beautiful baby. She looked pitiful.

She ended up with a stomach bug and cried or threw up the rest of the way. Our flights were delayed, my baby was sick, and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Parent Cue
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Drove my Ford to the fjord, but the fjord was dry. . .
Tagged: