OPINION: KAVANAUGH AND #METOO AT YALE

penaert (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Protest-e1539807960287.jpg

When I first learned of my acceptance to Yale to study history and religion, I expected that I would be entering a much different environment than that of my undergraduate alma mater, University of California, Berkeley.

At Berkeley, I experienced first-hand the most extreme outbursts of campus and left-wing illiberalism that have gained national prominence over the past few years. As an active member of the Berkeley College Republicans, I participated in the organizing of the Feb. 1 Milo Yiannopoulos event that ended in a night of rioting that left hundreds of thousands of dollars of damage to university property and the city of Berkeley.

University - Stalking - Harassment - Assault - Intimidation

I expected that no other university could match the stalking, harassment, outright physical assault, intimidation and slander that I experienced during my time at Berkeley. While I was correct on those counts, I didn’t realize how effective the activity of the Berkeley College Republicans had been in ingraining a culture of open political debate on that campus.

At Yale, notable as the alma mater of conservative hero William F. Buckley and the subject of his famous book, “God and Man at Yale,” there is a striking lack of almost any political activity on campus except the typical, homogenous left-wing victim culture that informs and predominates at most elite universities in America today.

Activity - Months - Campus - Centers - Alumnus

The only notable public political activity that I have seen in my first few months on campus centers on one particular alumnus of Yale, the recently seated Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

While attending a class at Yale Law School, I saw up-close how the law school’s student body was reacting to the prospect of one of their peer’s elevation to the highest court. Classes were canceled, investigations and denunciations were demanded, sit-ins and protests were executed, safe spaces were organized, signage denouncing Kavanaugh was on every wall...
(Excerpt) Read more at: OPINION: Kavanaugh And #MeToo at Yale
Wake Up To Breaking News!