‘Arrow’ EP on That Shocking New Storyline, Keeping the Show Grounded, and More

Collider | 10/15/2018 | Christina Radish
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/arrow-stephen-amell-emily-bett-rickards-02.jpg

After keeping the storytelling devices of Season 7 a secret, and with Oliver (Stephen Amell) still in prison with no easy way out and no real way to protect his family, The CW series Arrow has set up quite a few interesting threads that it will unravel. And while Oliver is just trying to survive on a day-to-day basis, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), Diggle (David Ramsey), Curtis (Echo Kellum), Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) and Rene (Rick Gonzalez) are left having to redefine what being a hero means to them.

Following a screening of the episode at the offices of The CW, Collider (along with a handful of media outlets) participated in a Q&A with executive producer Beth Schwartz, who discussed some of the mind-blowing reveals. During the interview, she talked about how the storylines will parallel this season, the moments where the viewers can put the pieces together, sticking to more grounded storytelling, the prison friendship between Oliver and Stanley (Brendan Fletcher), Felicity’s decision, the future of Olicity, the Big Bad, and whether the old team might ever get back together. Be aware that there are some major spoilers discussed.

Question - Storyline - Season - Flashbacks

Question: Is this future storyline going to parallel the season, like the flashbacks used to?

BETH SCHWARTZ: Yeah. Ever since the flashbacks went away and we didn’t know how long the show was gonna go on for, we always knew, after Season 5, that there wouldn’t be flashbacks, so we had talked about doing flash-forwards, years ago. So, we’re gonna keep it all season.

Terms - Storyline - Story

In general terms, what can you say about the flash-forward storyline and the story that you’re telling there?

SCHWARTZ: I can’t say much, but I think you guys will love it. I hope.

Actor - William

Who is the actor that plays older William?

SCHWARTZ: Ben Lewis. I’m so excited to announce him because his so great....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
This space intentionally left blank