David Limbaugh: Who Are the Real Partisans?

CNS News | 10/12/2018 | Staff
leeann77 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/donkey_and_elephant_sculptures_democrat_and_republican_symbols_photo_by_alex_wong-getty_images.jpg

Someone please tell me what bizarro world Democratic activists inhabit — those who are grumbling that Republicans are unscrupulous partisan warriors imposing their agenda by government coercion and trampling the innocent, passive left in the process.

This is frighteningly delusional and shockingly divorced from reality.

Question - Democrats - Supporters - Right - Donald

Without question, Democrats and their never-Trump supporters on the right would have us believe that Donald Trump is the very creator of partisan politics, someone who has gobsmacked the unsuspecting collegial political left into abject impotence.

By their telling, Barack Obama was an exemplar of bipartisanship, a man who never met a Republican he wasn't willing to work with. Obama really meant it when he said he was ushering in a new era of cultural harmony in America centered on our "common humanity" — a favorite phrase of the left that conveys no meaning and serves no purpose other than to cloak a militant call to political activism with an elegant lilt.

Left - Trump - Stridency - Politics - Beginning

The left knows that Trump didn't introduce partisan stridency to American politics. It's been with us since the beginning of the republic. In fact, Obama was one of the most partisan presidents of the modern era. He demanded the wholesale adoption of his agenda — not compromise and conciliation. He is the one who rammed through Obamacare against the will of the people, the one who responded to pleas for compromise with "I won," "I'm the president" and "Elections have consequences."

Obama said: "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun." "I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them just to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess." "I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: