Scottish printer 73 reunited with family photos after search for subjects of Box Brownie camera

Mail Online | 10/12/2018 | Lara Keay For Mailonline
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/12/11/4984432-0-image-a-20_1539340275039.jpg

A pensioner has been reunited with long-lost photos of his late mother after spotting her in snaps a photographer found in a vintage camera.

Graeme Webb, from Hawick, Scottish Borders, came across a Kodak Portrait Brownie 620 when he was browsing a charity shop in Edinburgh and bought it for just £25.

Reel - Film - Camera - Images

The 40-year-old was shocked to find a reel of film inside the old camera that had images from the 1950s and 1960s on it.

Fascinated, Mr Webb launched a media appeal to find out who was in the photos and to his delight he was contacted by Tam Watson, 73, from Edinburgh.

Printer - Touch - Mother - Sally - Subject

The retired printer got in touch to say his mother Sally was the subject of one of the photographs and the pair got together soon after to make sure they were returned to their rightful owner.

Mr Webb said: 'It was so lovely to meet Tam especially knowing that I was giving him something so special.

'I - Hand - Picture - Newspaper

'I was delighted to hand over the picture to him rather than him looking at it on a newspaper.

'It was really funny because he's never seen a picture of his mother dressed up like that.

Smile - Face - Part

'She looks really young. It was just lovely to put a smile on his face, it made me feel special to be part of it.'

Mr Webb received numerous messages through social media about where the photos may have been taken after news of the appeal broke.

But it was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!