Woman whose stolen dog Flikr was missing in outback forced to put down her 'best friend'

Mail Online | 5/24/2019 | Mark Brook;Sophie Tanno For Daily Mail Australia
jesse456 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/10/12/11/5140405D00000578-0-image-a-36_1539340727035.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/10/12/109431763661308418/1024x576_MP4_109431763661308418.mp4

A young woman whose stolen dog was missing in the Outback for five days has been forced to put down her 'best friend' just two hours after they were reunited.

Ashleigh Taylor's dog Flikr was in the back of her ute when it was stolen from the Kimberleyland caravan Park at Kununurra in Western Australia on Sunday.

Search - Help - Locals - Rangers - Media

After launching a wide-spread search, with the help of locals, rangers and social media, Ms Taylor revealed on Facebook on Friday that the cattle dog was found.

But within a couple of short hours, joy turned to tragedy when the 22-year-old posted a devastating follow-up video that revealed she had to put down her 'best friend'.

'I - Mate - Hours - Ms - Taylor

'I just put down my best mate. I got her for two hours, then she was gone.' Ms Taylor said through tears on a live video post on the Facebook page Find Flikr.

In the video, the 22-year-old revealed her beloved cattle dog had become seriously ill after it was revealed she had eaten poison meant for dingoes.

Hour - Flikr - Signs - Baiting - Minutes

'Unfortunately, in the last half hour, Flikr showed signs of baiting and it went really quick... in fifteen minutes she was gone,' Ms Taylor said in the video.

The station hand added that despite the poising having such as rapid effect, they still chose to put down Flikr as an added precaution to 'put her out of her misery'.

'She - Way - Home - Story - Ms

'She was making her way home... This story doesn't have the ending it was supposed to,' Ms Taylor added.

In a separate Facebook post, a man speaking on behalf of Ms Taylor spoke about how the 22-year-old had been worried Flikr might eat poison while she was missing.

Ash - Fears - Flikr - Poison - Station

'One of Ash's biggest fears was that Flikr might eat poison that the station put out for dingoes,' the man said in the video.

'Unfortunately sometime this morning, just before...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!