Legal Insurrection is 10 years old

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 10/12/2018 | William A. Jacobson
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/William-Jacobson-Vassar-Free-Speech-and-Hate-Speech-Lecture-10-25-2017-e1509040008581.png

Ten years ago today, at 5:42 p.m. Eastern, Legal Insurrection published its first post, Obama is Door No. 2.

But why?

Blog - Amounts - Money - Handful - Candidates

Prior to starting this blog, I was completely non-political. I may have donated small amounts of money to a handful of candidates, but I was not politically active. Like most people, I was more concerned with other aspects of life.

As 2008 progressed, I became increasingly frustrated with and concerned about the mass delusion of Obamamania sweeping the nation, and the blatant media bias.

Game - Happenstance

Yet I still did not become political until very late in the game, and by happenstance.

In early September 2008 I was at the home of a friend and former client, someone I had represented quite successfully in a case before I left private practice. Despite having spent hundreds of hours together, we never had discussed politics.

Dinner - Table - Wives - McCain - Argument

At the dinner table with our wives, he asked me for whom I was voting. I mentioned that I was voting for McCain, and we got into a big argument, since he was an ardent Obama supporter and suffered from severe PDS.

After we argued back and forth for a while, he said that he never had heard anyone make the points as clearly as I had, and suggested that I should start a blog.

Plan - Argument - Dare

That’s it. No grand plan, just an argument and a dare.

I didn’t really know what a blog was. I didn’t follow the blogosphere much, if at all. So I picked Google Blogger because it was free, easy to use, and free. I was so ignorant of blogging that it never dawned on me to blog under a pseudonym.

Years - Kathleen - McCaffrey - Breitman - Google

Back then it was just me. And it remained just me for two years until then-Cornell-student Kathleen McCaffrey (Breitman) joined. And then we left Google Blogger, and added other authors.

For background on how we...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!