Woman with bipolar disorder describes the agony battling a disease she didn't believe was real 

Mail Online | 10/11/2018 | Mary Kekatos Health Reporter For Dailymail.com
tictac399 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/11/22/4967330-0-image-a-37_1539293123694.jpg

Up until she was 13 years old, Aubrey Good was a normal teenager with straight A's.

But after her father got arrested, she began lashing out and purposely getting in trouble, self-medicating with alcohol and was kicked out of her first high school.

Doctors - Behavior - Experience - Depression - Years

Doctors attributed her erratic behavior first to her traumatic experience and then to depression, but it wasn't until she was 18 years old that the Philadelphia native was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Good said that it took years for her to accept her diagnosis, believing that people would view her as 'crazy'.

Good - Place - Years - Daily - Mail

Now 26, Good said she's in a better place than she's been in years and told Daily Mail Online that it took meeting others going through the same disorder before she finally felt comfortable to tell people she was suffering from a mental illness.

When she was 12 years old, Good was a typical pre-teen who loved fashion and makeup, and was scoring grades that placed her at the top of her class.

Week - Birthday - Experience - Father - Charges

But just one week after her 13th birthday, she suffered a traumatic experience when her father was arrested on charges of dealing drugs and eventually sent to prison.

All of a sudden, Good turned from a straight-laced student to a misbehaving and rebellious teenager.

Lot - Rebelling - Way - Attention - Feelings

'I developed a lot of poor self-esteem and I felt like rebelling, and acting out was one way to get attention and really funnel my negative feelings about myself into my action,' she told Daily Mail Online.

'I self-medicated a lot with alcohol. I became hypersexual, constantly doing things to get in trouble.'

Good - Kindergarten - Grade - School - Demerits

Good said that between kindergarten and eighth grade at her private school, she received three demerits, which is a mark awarded against someone for a fault or offense.

But between freshman and sophomore year alone, she received 100 demerits.

'I - Detention

'I was in detention almost every...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!