Meghan McCain weighs in on Kavanaugh on The View

Mail Online | 10/8/2018 | Chris Spargo For Dailymail.com
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/10/08/18/5120D4CB00000578-0-image-a-43_1539018276162.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/10/08/3390245042354303352/1024x576_MP4_3390245042354303352.mp4

Meghan McCain returned to The View on Monday, marking her first appearance on the ABC daytime show since the death of her father back in August.

It was an emotional return for McCain, who found herself in tears just seconds into the broadcast as she thanked the women at the table and people around the country for their support in recent weeks.

Talk - Turn - Wake - Confirmation - Brett

Her talk then took a political turn in the wake of the recent confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh, with McCain delivering a stirring and passionate speech about the country and American democracy.

'My father's farewell address, he said that we're Americans and we can never surrender,' said McCain while looking out into the audience.

'We - Country - Lot - People - Fabric

'We can never surrender to what is happening in the country right now. I understand how divided and how scared a lot of people are and it looks like the fabric of democracy is fraying. We do not surrender.'

She then declared: 'I'm not surrendering. You don't do it either so you have to join me in not surrendering. Okay. Because I'm still here fighting and I want all of you to fight with me.'

McCain - Time - Men - Back - Feet

McCain then took some time to acknowledge two men who were crucial in getting her back on her feet after the tragedy.

'And I have one more final thing and then I will get off my soap box. God is real. I wouldn't be here without my faith but I also wouldn't be here without Joe Biden and Joe Lieberman,' said McCain.

Men - Uncles

'Those two men have carried me through this. And I just want to thank them for being uncles to me, really gone above and beyond.'

She added: 'I'm sure they're like I didn't realize when I became friends with John McCain his daughter's drama would be mine as well. They really carried me...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!