Gisele Bundchen reveals she insisted on giving birth at home despite warnings it was 'too dangerous'

Mail Online | 10/2/2018 | Erica Tempesta For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/10/02/23/4716148-0-image-a-78_1538519897798.jpg

Tom Brady stood by Gisele Bündchen's side during both of her at-home water births, but the supermodel has revealed that both he and her doctor wanted her to go to a hospital the first time because they feared it was 'too dangerous.'

In her new book, Lessons: My Path to a Meaningful Life, the 38-year-old admits that she ignored her doctor's warning and husband's wishes when she insisted on giving birth to her eldest child, Benjamin, in their bathtub in 2009.

Doctor - Home - Birth - Benny - Position

'The doctor told me that it was too dangerous for me to have a home birth,' she recalls. 'He said that Benny was in an unusual position, my hips were too small, and the odds just weren't in my favor.'

It was during that four-month checkup in Los Angeles that the obstetrician advised her to schedule a C-section.

Gisele - Children - Home - Anyone - Husband

However, Gisele insisted that she was going to have her children at home. She wasn't going to let anyone talk her out of it, not even her husband, Tom.

Gisele claims she has 'always dreamed of giving birth naturally, at home' and has been wary of hospitals ever since her twin sister, Pati, developed double pneumonia when they were ten years old.

Years - Benjamin - Water - Births - Meeting

A few years before she became pregnant with Benjamin, she became interested in water births following a meeting with a woman named Mayra who was studying to be a midwife.

Mayra told her that the 'most soothing way for a newborn to enter the world was into water,' and the conversation stuck with Gisele.

Time - Birth - Plan - Doctor - Warning

When it was time for her to make her birth plan, she shunned her doctor's warning and did what she could to get her husband on board.

'Tom wasn't enthusiastic about a home birth either,' she explains. 'Only after I had him watch a half-dozen natural-birth movies did he finally...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Individuals can exist without government but government can't exist without individuals.