Rapper Common Discusses Powerful Moral Truths in Animated Film 'Smallfoot' (Exclusive Clip)

www.christianpost.com | 9/22/2018 | Staff
hakimi308hakimi308 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://data.christianpost.com/full/132959/smallfoot.png

For hip-hop artist Common, participating in the forthcoming Warner Bros. animated film "Smallfoot" was an easy decision.

"I really love being part of projects that appeal to children, especially when it includes themes that are important to life and have a deeper meaning and have substance," the Academy Award, Golden Globe, Emmy and Grammy-winning artist told The Christian Post in an exclusive interview. "I'm driven by a belief that life is worth living and that it's important to contribute in a positive and helpful way. As somebody who believes in God, I believe that's my duty."

Book - Tracks - Sergio - Pablos - Smallfoot

Based on the book "Yeti Tracks" by Sergio Pablos, "Smallfoot" tells the story of a young yeti named Migo, whose cozy life high up the Himalayas is turned upside down when he finds something he thought didn't exist: a human. The yeti community is stunned by the revelation of this "smallfoot" — and by the possibility of a big, unknown world outside their snowy village.

(PHOTO: WARNER BROS.)Common, Channing Tatum, and Danny DeVito star in the new animated film "Smallfoot."

Cast - Channing - Tatum - Danny - DeVito

Common joins a star-studded cast including Channing Tatum, Danny DeVito, James Corden, LeBron James and Gina Rodriguez in playing the Stonekeeper, a Moses-like character dedicated to keeping the yeti community "safe" from outside influences by maintaining the status quo. His aversion to change makes things especially hard for Migo, who is forced to decide whether the truth — or complacent ignorance — is more important.

"The Stonekeeper holds the stone, which are the laws that the yeti village lives by," Common explained. "One of the laws says that there's no such thing as a 'smallfoot.' My character holds a lot of wisdom and authority, and he thinks he's protecting the village by keeping it the same. Eventually, he's challenged and has to decide whether to be truthful because it's...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.