The Christian Life is One of Constant Discovery–Even Rediscovery.

Uncommon God, Common Good | 9/22/2018 | Staff
cyanbyte (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/sites/307/2018/09/Spiritual-Evolution-Cover.jpeg

The Christian life is one of constant discovery, even rediscovery. With this point in mind, I asked my longstanding friend and colleague John MacMurray to share about his new book, A Spiritual Evolution: Rediscovering the Greatest Story Ever Told. One of the qualities I have long admired in my brother John is his willingness to be stretched and to grow, to go in search of rediscovery, asking tough questions no matter where they lead, even at great cost to himself. Here is the interview.

Paul Louis Metzger (PLM): John, please describe briefly for our readers A Spiritual Evolution: Rediscovering the Greatest Story Ever Told.

John - MacMurray - JM - Evolution - Memoir

John MacMurray (JM): A Spiritual Evolution is a theological memoir that describes the evolution of my spiritual journey. The book is intensely personal, brutally honest, and deeply spiritual and chronicles the hundreds of questions that gradually led me to change my perception of God. As former ideas fell like dominoes, I began to discover an ancient, but fresh, Trinitarian vision of God that he was better than I ever imagined.

PLM: What in your life experience led you to write the book about rediscovery?

JM - Kind - Question - Book - Chronicles

JM: (This is kind of a difficult question . . . because the book is the chronicles of my life experience!) After several decades, I slowly began to realize that all of my learning and teaching had left me with a god who I seriously doubted was good and found nearly impossible to trust. As a result, my life was primarily motivated by fear. When I finally gave myself permission to question the narrative I was in the questions came like a flood. As my perception of God started to change I began to write many of my thoughts down on paper—literally. At first, it was really only for me. Many of my thoughts were confessional...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Uncommon God, Common Good
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: