Carol Vorderman, 57, joins Myleene Klass, 40, at glitzy RAF event

Mail Online | 5/16/1943 | Lily Waddell For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09/21/18/4457788-0-image-a-15_1537550870947.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/08/22/232499941950927719/1024x576_MP4_232499941950927719.mp4

She is an experienced pilot, owns a private jet and once shared that her childhood ambition was to fly all over the world.

And on Friday, Carol Vorderman joined forces with Myleene Klass at the consecration parade for the new standard of 617 Squadron - also known as the Dambusters.

Countdown - Host - Eyes - RAF - Marham

The former Countdown host, 57, ensured all eyes were on her at RAF Marham in Norfolk thanks to her incredibly smooth visage and her sharp pilot uniform.

The Dambusters got their nickname after embarking on a night-time raid on three heavily defended dams deep in Germany's industrial heartland.

Ruhr - Valley - Blow - Nazi - War

They flooded the Ruhr valley and delivered a crucial blow to the Nazi war machine.

Their success was immortalised in the classic 1955 film The Dambusters, its thrilling theme tune and gung-ho script evoking the best of British derring-do.

Event - Place - Years - Standard - Squadron

The glittering event takes place every 25 years and this is the first standard since the squadron reformed in April.

At the event, the Countdown host discussed how she was left disappointed when she couldn't join the RAF during her university days.

'I - Fighter - Pilot - Teens - Cambridge

She said: 'I wanted to join up as a fighter pilot when I was in my teens. I went to Cambridge University and I did an engineering degree.

'But I wasn't allowed to join the university squadron because I was a girl, back in the seventies. But I don't bemoan this fact.

Daughter - Cambridge - University

'My daughter went to Cambridge University and she was allowed to join up.

'She was in her squadron for four years. It's a celebration for me that things have changed so much.'

Myleene - Carol

Myleene gushed over her long-time pal Carol after they enjoyed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!