Colombian police shut down Pablo Escobar museum

Mail Online | 9/21/2018 | Associated Press;Adry Torres For Dailymail.com
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/21/21/50838E2E00000578-0-image-a-29_1537562771294.jpg

Authorities fed up with the increasing draw of drug lords to tourists have struck back closing a museum operated by the BROTHER of one of Colombia's most infamous figures.

On Thursday a museum dedicated to Pablo Escobar was shut down by Medellin officials as seven visitors took in artifacts of the notorious cartel boss' background.

Agents - Signs - Glass - Doors - Museum

Agents slapped white signs on the glass doors saying the museum had been closed.

The site was managed by Escobar's 71-year-old brother, Roberto, and was a popular stop on what are known as 'Narco tours' in Medellin.

Roberto - Medellin - Cartel - Accountant - Years

Roberto, who served as the Medellin cartel's accountant, and spent more than 10 years in prison before his release. While in jail, he received a letter bomb that blinded him in his left eye.

The controversial tours can cost as much as $50 and to the dismay of local politicians and citizens affected by the violent era have become a must-do for many visitors.

Day - Drug - Boss - Life - Stops

The day trips offerinsight into the drug boss' life with stops his tomb, a prison that he built for himself and a luxury home that was bombed by his enemies.

Medellin Mayor Federico Gutierrez said such tours are legal, but he dislikes them because he believes they promote 'mafia culture'.

Lives - Medellin - Cartel - Fashion

He wishes the lives of those directly affected by the Medellin cartel were instead celebrated in some fashion.

'What if we told the stories of (drug trafficking) victims and did something to remember them by, instead of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!