Every Hill You Face Is Not Worth Dying On

ChurchLeaders | 9/20/2018 | Staff
marisha (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/9.21hillyouface.jpg

The greatest leadership lesson I have ever learned is: Every hill you face is not worth dying on. If I had practiced this in my previous churches and perhaps during the first few years here, I believe my influence would be greater and the ministry would be more effective. In today’s world of continual media bombardment and social outrage, it can be easy to get swept up in trivial matters. We must not allow that to happen and compromise our leadership.

I have seen ministers let their stubbornness and pride wreck their leadership in the home and in the church. When you have the clarity and wisdom to not die on every hill, your leadership can be long and effective.

Rookie - Pastor - Minister - Every - Hill

Whether you are a rookie pastor or an experienced minister: Every hill you face in leadership is not worth dying on. When the pastor practices this, the church will flourish. The fellowship will be sweeter, the growth will be greater, and the preservation of this growth will be more successful.

How did I learn this important truth? It did not happen at a particular point, but through a process. Some things in leadership you can only learn through the growth of the entity you are assigned to lead. The growth of the organization in structures, personnel, dollars and expectations requires the leader to operate by the conviction that every hill he faces is not worth dying on.

Times - People - Church - Vision - Path

There are times that I could have carried more people with me along the church’s vision path if I had been more patient and personal along the way. In the name of “urgency” or “reaching,” we can sometimes push “hurry” too much and too often. This is not an asset, but a liability.

Most Christians are more interested in being right than they are in being Christ-like. Pastor...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
One of the countries we liberated was Russia, too bad it seems to have cost us our liberty.
Tagged: