Steve Bannon says Boris Johnson should be the next Tory leader

Mail Online | 9/21/2018 | Nick Fagge For Mailonline
MonkeyBubble (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09/20/18/4430762-0-image-a-5_1537462842373.jpg

Donald Trump's former chief strategist Steve Bannon has backed Boris Johnson to be the next Tory party leader - as he voiced doubts Britain would ever leave the EU.

Bannon says he was 'very impressed' by Johnson when he met the former Foreign Secretary before he quit over Theresa May's Chequers agreement over Brexit.

Trump - Trade - Deal - Event - Deal

And Trump's ex-aide insisted there would be a trade deal later on even in the event of a 'no deal Brexit'.

His prediction, in an interview with Anne McElvoy on Economist radio, came as May was warned she has just eight weeks to thrash out a deal with the EU.

Bannon - 'I - Brexit - Opponents - People

Bannon said: 'I think there will be a 'do-over' on Brexit. Opponents are dragging it on and hoping people forget about it.'

Endorsing front-runner Johnson, who is getting divorced from Marina Wheeler after 25 years of marriage over his close relationship with young aide Carrie Symonds, Bannon said: 'I have talked to Boris Johnson and I am very impressed by him.'

Johnson - Suicide - Remark - Way - Messaged

He defended Johnson's controversial suicide vest remark, saying: 'I thought it was smart - he way the messaged that was quite powerful. It was the type of phrase that cuts through'.

'I was vocal to Boris about the fact that he had a 'Churchillian moment' – maybe his Commons speech could have rallied the troops. My advice would have been to seize moments like that, You have to make decisions in the heat of the moment – and that was a moment.

Thing

He added: 'One thing I learned in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!