Conor McGregor swigs whiskey and unleashes fury on Khabib at UFC 229 press conference

Mail Online | 9/20/2018 | Will Griffee For Mailonline
blacky (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09/21/00/4439078-0-image-a-51_1537485488199.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/09/21/4239346051494688715/1024x576_MP4_4239346051494688715.mp4

Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov came face to face for the first time in the run-up to their UFC 229 showdown in an explosive press conference.

The Irishman took swings from his own brand 'Proper No. 12' whiskey as he unleashed expletive-laden tirades at his Russian opponent at New York's Radio City Music Hall.

Notorious - Onslaught - Barbs - Bus - Attack

'The Notorious' delivered his customary verbal onslaught, with most of his barbs focused on the bus attack this April, an incident for which he plead guilty and avoided jail time.

'If you'd have got off that bus you'd be dead now and I'd be in a cell,' he exclaimed. 'When the person you were looking for turned up, you took a s*** on the back of a bus. He would have been in a box and I would have been in a cell.

Come - Guy - Did - Bus - Hands

'I come here to smash this guy. Did you not see me outside the bus, I showed you my hands, no weapons, step off the bus, you talk the big game, now you're here, he cowered behind women,' he taunted.

Nurmagomedov and a number of UFC fighters remained on the bus in Brooklyn’s Barclays Center when McGregor threw a metal dolly through the window, injuring fellow combatants Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg. The dispute was sparked when the Russian and his team confronted McGregor's team-mate Artem Lobov, prompting the 'Notorious' to fly to New York.

Months - McGregor - Entirety - Press - Conference

Five months later, McGregor dominated the entirety of the press conference on Thursday night, an event which took place without supporters allowed in, much to his chagrin.

The former two-weight UFC champion intermittently threw abuse Nurmagomedov's way before breaking off to promote his whiskey over a manic, loosely controlled 30 minutes.

Part - Foe - Face - McGregor - Showmanship

For the most part his undefeated foe remained composed in the face of McGregor's showmanship, although at one point he remarked: 'Your...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Putting government in charge of morality, is like putting Satan in charge of ...