Paul O'Grady reveals he squared up to homophobic thug

Mail Online | 9/19/2018 | Connie Rusk For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09/19/09/4387002-0-image-a-2_1537347098956.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/11/15/5551337948652158323/1024x576_MP4_5551337948652158323.mp4

Paul O'Grady has revealed he squared up to a homophobic thug who launched a tirade of abuse towards his husband while travelling on a London-bound British Airways flight on Sunday.

The TV presenter, 63, was left furious when he witnessed the passenger brand his partner Andre Portasio a 'f***ing q***r' and taunted him with a sexual jibe.

Paul - Holiday - Bangkok - Ballet - Dancer

Paul, who was flying back after a romantic holiday in Bangkok with ballet dancer Andre, 37, added things could 'have easily turned nasty' if the man hadn't been removed from business class by the cabin crew after his homophobic outburst.

He told The Sun: 'I stood up and said, "you're lucky we're not in the street, mate, because you'd be eating your dinner through a straw".

'He - Andre - Bonehead - Something

'He didn't know I was sitting next to Andre, then the bonehead was saying something about me thinking I could do whatever I wanted because I was famous.

'He claimed Andre had been looking at him which was ridiculous, I mean, he was this typical English yob with a beard and a beer belly.'

Paul - Action - Cabin - Crew - Man

Paul went on to say it could have 'turned nasty' but after swift action from the cabin crew, the man was ejected from business class and was pulled aside by police upon the flight's arrival at Heathrow.

The comedian revealed he had declined to press charges on the man following the incident.

Paul - Andre - Year - Knot - Intimate

Paul and Andre have been happily married for more than a year, after tying the knot in an intimate...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: