A La Carte (September 19)

Tim Challies | 9/19/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2b-WED-940x492-1.jpg

Today’s Kindle deals include just a couple of minor deals.

You may be interested in gaining access to a free teaching series by Ligonier Ministries.

Saints - Mend - Glory - Doctor - Instruct

“Sickly saints that are on the mend give glory to the Doctor and instruct others to go to him. To profess to have found him, and bear no change, is to cast a shadow on the name of Christ and the power of his Spirit.”

This is a helpful look at some of the problems embedded in Instagram. With our kids (especially daughters) spending so much time with the app, it’s important parents pay attention. Do note there are a couple of swear words in the article, quoted from Instagram messages.

Week - Sex - Offender - Block - Roles

“We learned last week that a registered sex offender has moved onto our block. Because of our roles in ministry overseas, my husband and I have been trained in Child Safety multiple times. I was grateful for that background during our discussion. Below are some highlights from our conversation that I hope will serve you well—either by way of reminder or perhaps to help you think through these issues for the first time.”

“Human beings are everywhere. With settlements on every continent, we can be found in the most isolated corners of Earth’s jungles, oceans and tundras. Our impact is so profound, most scientists believe humanity has left a permanent mark on Earth’s geological record. So what would happen if suddenly, every human on Earth...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Woof!
Tagged: