Famed Australian Atheist, Bill Hayden, is Baptized in the Catholic Church at 85

Through Catholic Lenses | 9/18/2018 | Staff
darktm22darktm22 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/sites/959/2018/09/1988_Bill_Hayden-with-Russian_FM-2.jpg

Some amazing news came out of Australia today with a famous atheist politician receiving baptism. Bill Hayden had been the leader of a major Australian political party, then was the Governor General of Australia for 7 years. (The Governor General is the one who signs bills into law in the Queen’s name in 16 Commonwealth countries.) Recently, at 85, he renounced his atheism and joined the Catholic Church.

The Australian reports his motivation to take this step.

Bill - Hayden - Age - Atheism - Catholic

Bill Hayden, at age 85, has ­renounced his atheism and been baptised into the Catholic Church.

The former Labor leader and governor-general said it was witnessing so many selfless acts of compassion by Christians over his lifetime, and deep contemplation while recovering from a stroke, that prompted his decision.

Article - Bit - Background - Bill - Hayden

The Australian article continues with a bit of background from Bill Hayden.

“I always regarded myself as a fellow traveller with Catholicism and declared I was a Catholic on official forms, but it wasn’t official,” Mr Hayden said. [His family had been Catholic.] “I would go to mass every Sunday and then go to benediction when I was a teenager. I didn’t know that I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Through Catholic Lenses
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...