BONNIE ESTRIDGE: The real agony of going to the dentist? Getting lost on the way!

Mail Online | 9/17/2018 | Bonnie Estridge For The Mail On Sunday
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/15/19/5037F33A00000578-0-image-a-20_1537034493126.jpg

Oh dear. This is something that I’m not too thrilled to have to mention, if I’m honest. So I will have a glass of wine (or two) and try not to think too hard about what happened on the way to see the dentist last week.

Lovely Robert is not only my dentist but he is one of my oldest friends – and a former flame to boot. From the day in 1968, or perhaps it was even earlier, when my mum managed to push us together as teenagers (both of us would say reluctantly at first) we have kept in touch. I would never go to another dentist.

Mini - Cooper - A3 - South-West - London

Driving my Mini Cooper along the A3 in South-West London, sunroof open and The Kinks blaring out from the stereo, I was feeling pretty good about life.

I took the exit for Richmond Park – and then, somehow, it all appeared to be strange.

Times - Everything - Recognition - Way

Where was that cafe I knew? I’d been there so many times. Everything was the same as I’d thought it might be except that I had no recognition of where I was or what I might be doing there. I had completely forgotten the way.

I parked the car on a side road and called Robert’s nurse Jackie in a panic. ‘I don’t know where I am, and I don’t know where to go,’ I blurted out.

Jackie - Car - Sat-nav

Jackie could tell that I was stressed, so she soothingly asked if I had the car sat-nav switched on.

I know I’d set it, but now all I could do was stare at it blankly. Was it broken? Was it me?

Jackie - Husband - Chris - Moments - Tears

Jackie told me that she would call my husband Chris. When he rang me moments later, I burst into tears. He had no idea where I was – nor could I tell him.

He told me to calm...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!