Twelve thousand join waiting list for new deodorant in new global beauty trend

Mail Online | 9/17/2018 | Rachel Carlyle For The Daily Mail
chicana948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/17/01/504797E700000578-0-image-a-15_1537143201186.jpg

There is nothing like a waiting list to convince us we really, really want something. I mean, it must be pretty special if people are queueing to get their hands on it (even if the ‘queue’ in question is online).

It used to be that only fashion’s most exclusive products had waiting lists — an example being the Hermes Birkin bag, which had the super-rich practically begging to buy it.

Practice - Fashion - Beauty - Products - Lists

But now the practice has filtered down to rather humbler and more affordable fashion and beauty. Some products with waiting lists sound positively prosaic: for example, the beauty product with the longest waiting list right now is a pair of La Tweez tweezers costing £29.

Make-up artist Charlotte Tilbury had more than 50,000 people waiting for her latest cult product, the Magic Away Liquid Concealer (£24), before it was launched last month as the ‘holy grail of concealers’. It comes in 16 colours and apparently lasts for 15 hours.

Brands - Demand - Time - Something - List

Some brands are in such demand, every time they launch something there is a guaranteed waiting list.

Boots No7 skincare famously creates a buzz, and its latest product was no different. The Line Correcting Booster Serum (£38) had 16,000 people on the waiting list before its launch in the spring. And the beauty editors’ favourite brand, The Ordinary, had 25,000 people waiting for its bargain foundation (from £5.70) last year.

Waiting-list - Frenzy - Hype - Media - Part

What is causing this waiting-list frenzy? Hype on social media certainly plays a part. A nod of approval or an enthusiastic video from influential vloggers and Instagrammers can turn anything from a dry shampoo to an eyeshadow palette into a ‘must-have’ cult product (it’s true: Verb’s new dry shampoo amassed a waiting list of 2,000 in May).

What then happens is that the product sells out and a waiting list forms while it is restocked. But even when...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!