Galaxy Note 9 reportedly catches fire in woman's purse

CNET | 9/16/2018 | Steven Musil
max1max1 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo:

A Galaxy Note 9 allegedly caught fire in a New York real estate agent's purse after it became "extremely hot."

A Samsung Galaxy Note 9 spontaneously caught fire inside a New York woman's purse earlier this month, according to a lawsuit.

Estate - Agent - Diane - Chung - Lawsuit

Real estate agent Diane Chung says in her lawsuit she was using the new handset on Sept. 3 when it suddenly became "extremely hot," the New York Post reported Saturday. Chung stopped using the phone and placed it in her purse but soon heard "a whistling and screeching sound, and she noticed thick smoke" pouring from her purse, the newspaper says the lawsuit alleges.

Chung says in her lawsuit she removed the phone by emptying her purse onto an elevator floor, but the fire didn't stop until a passerby picked up the handset with a cloth a placed it into a bucket of water, the newspaper reports.

Incident - Chung - Lawsuit - Galaxy - Note

The incident alleged in Chung's lawsuit is reminiscent of the Galaxy Note 7 nightmare Samsung experienced two years ago. In 2016, the Korean electronics giant discontinued the device after a battery flaw caused dozens of the phones to explode...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Goverment, no matter how big, is always a big problem.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!