Cuomo defeats Nixon in New York gubernatorial primary

Mail Online | 9/13/2018 | Associated Press;Jessa Schroeder For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/14/04/5027AA8600000578-0-image-a-57_1536894717342.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/09/14/4324246422403659964/1024x576_MP4_4324246422403659964.mp4

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has defeated Democratic primary challenger Cynthia Nixon to win his party's nomination for a third term.

Cuomo had far greater financial resources going into the matchup Thursday - and polls suggested he held a commanding lead.

Nixon - Activist - 'Sex - City - Star

Nixon, an activist and former 'Sex and the City' star, had hoped to become the latest liberal challenger to unseat a powerful insider.

Cuomo's campaign dismissed her as inexperienced and touted the governor's work to push back against President Donald Trump.

Victory - Missteps - Mailer - Nixon - Support

His victory comes despite several missteps - including a widely condemned mailer that questioned Nixon's support for Jewish people. Nixon, however, has two Jewish children and called the attack 'sleazy.'

Cuomo will now face Republican Marc Molinaro and independent Stephanie Miner in November's general election.

S

s

Nixon took to Twitter Thursday evening to thank her followers for their support along the journey.

TeamCynthia - Volunteers - Supporters - Voters - Time

'I want to thank all of the #TeamCynthia volunteers, supporters, and voters who dedicated their time to championing the progressive message of our campaign.

I'm so proud of all the work we've done to build a New York that works for all of us. #CynthiaForNY,' Nixon wrote.

Cuomo - No-show - Election - Night - Victory

Cuomo was a no-show at his own election night victory party. He instead celebrated his win over Nixon at the governor’s mansion in Albany.

It’s a highly unusual move for a winning candidate, though Cuomo has kept up a busy schedule in the final days of the campaign with rallies across the state.

Nixon - Election - Night - Event - Brooklyn

Nixon held her own election night event in Brooklyn.

During her concession speech, Nixon said she called to congratulate Governor Cuomo on his victory in their hard-fought Democratic primary.

Activist - Supporters - Night - Party - Wave

The longtime political activist thanked her supporters at the primary night party. She said the 'blue wave is real' and is coming for Republicans and 'Democrats who act like them.'

Her campaign reflects an...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Governemnt sponsored segratation of America, one household at a time.