How do I Evaluate Claims of Supernatural Experiences?

The Aquila Report | 9/12/2018 | Staff
ziggy1023 (Posted by) Level 3
If someone claims to have a true word from God for me, the burden of proof lies with the claimant. So, if I say I’m Superman I need to do more than remove my glasses and rip open my shirt to show an “S” emblazoned on my chest. To be credible I would need to defy gravity, melt metal with my thermal gaze, and/or lift the nearest minivan.

Previously I address the issue of modern day prophets as well as the question of the harm that comes from claims of extra-biblical revelation. But there is another question that frequently follows on the heels of those:

Someone - Word

What do I say to someone who tells me they have a word for me?

Every claim of supernatural experience is either true or false; and if it’s false, it’s either a lie or a delusion.

Taxonomy - C - S - Lewis - Choice

I borrow this taxonomy from C. S. Lewis’ famous multiple choice of Jesus’ claims: Son of God/ devil of ****/ lunatic who believes he is a poached egg.

If someone claims to have a true word from God for me, the burden of proof lies with the claimant. So, if I say I’m Superman I need to do more than remove my glasses and rip open my shirt...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It just doesn't get bettere than this...