Travellers reveal some of the scariest and creepiest experiences

Mail Online | 9/11/2018 | Jennifer Newton for MailOnline
rubydrummer (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/11/13/5007283800000578-0-image-a-27_1536670676492.jpg

Travelling the world is often a dream - but sometimes it can become a nightmare.

As globetrotters have been revealing on a riveting - and sometimes blood-curdling - internet thread.

People - Screwdrivers - Guards - Bribes - Dogs

They've described seeing people stabbed with screwdrivers, meeting machine-gun-wielding guards who demanded bribes and being chased by dogs.

The tales of nail-biting woe were uploaded to Reddit after a user asked: 'Travellers of Reddit, what are some of the creepiest/scariest experiences you've had abroad?'

Answers - Experiences - People - Transport

Many of the answers centred around scary experiences people had when using public transport.

One traveller, 'albs68w', revealed one memorable experience while walking up the steps to buy a ticket at Warsaw's central train station in Poland.

'All - Dude - Stairs - Stairs - Dude

He explained: 'All of a sudden this dude is falling down the stairs coming to rest a few stairs above where I was standing. Dude had a long **** driver sticking out of his abdomen.'

While 'The Burkalator' shared his experienced of being pick-pocketed on the Paris Metro.

Paranoid - Wallet - Scene - Pickpockets - Friend

He added: 'I'm paranoid of losing my wallet, so I'm always checking myself. When I realised it was missing, I made a bigger scene than the pickpockets were making (they shoved me into their friend and were trying to convince people I knocked him down).

'I stopped the train from leaving the station. One of the other passengers left to get the conductor and security. I guess that didn't sit well with the pickpockets, so they gave me back my wallet and took off running.'

'billynlex - Lack - Laws - Puerto - Rico

For 'billynlex', a lack of drink-driving laws in rural Puerto Rico meant it was a scary experience for him.

He explained: 'Makes for some very, very scary trips when the sun goes down.'

'Rhothlord - Experience - Train - Athens

While 'Rhothlord' shared her experience of traveling alone on a train in Athens.

She wrote: 'A group of men tried to push me off the train with them at a stop. Three women started yelling...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!