Ken Starr ALMOST indicted Hillary Clinton for perjury because of her 'outright mendacity'

Mail Online | 1/22/1995 | Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com
finterfinter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/11/00/5001046A00000578-0-image-a-24_1536623500223.jpg

Kenneth Starr considered seeking an indictment against Hillary Clinton for perjury while he was investigating her husband, then-President Bill Clinton, the former independent counsel writes in his new memoir.

Starr eventually abandoned any thought of indicting the former First Lady even though he believed she was lying when testifying about the suicide of former White House advisor Vince Foster.

Clintons - Statements - Deposition - January - Book

He recalled the Clintons making the statements during a deposition on January 22, 1995, according to the book, Contempt: A Memoir of the Clinton Investigation.

Both Bill and Hillary Clinton were asked questions under oath about Foster as well as the Whitewater land deal from their time in Arkansas, according to an excerpt of the book obtained by Fox News.

Bill - Clinton - Attorney - David - Kendall

Bill Clinton's attorney, David Kendall, told DailyMail.com in response: 'The American people saw through Starr’s obsessive pursuit of President Clinton and will see through his attempt to rewrite history to vindicate his own sullied reputation.'

Starr had a more negative view of Hillary Clinton’s performance.

Space - Hours - Count - Times - Starr

‘In the space of three hours, she claimed, by our count, over a hundred times that she “did not recall” or “did not remember”,’ Starr writes.

‘This suggested outright mendacity.

Starr - First - Lady

Starr writes that he decided against trying to prosecute the First Lady because it would have been difficult to prove she lied.

‘[P]roving that someone knowingly lied when they said “I don’t recall” or “I don’t remember” is extremely difficult, especially if that person is the First Lady,’ he said.

DailyMail - Com - Hillary - Clinton - Representatives

DailyMail.com has reached out to Hillary Clinton's representatives seeking comment.

Starr’s book is the first time he has gone into full detail about his role in investigating the Clintons.

Clinton

Then-President Clinton was nearly removed from...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!