First-time mother's 'inconsolable' agony after baby boy was decapitated in botched birth

Mail Online | 9/7/2018 | Joe Middleton For Mailonline
normanorma (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/06/23/4FCDBD6500000578-0-image-a-48_1536274429267.jpg

A first-time mother has spoken of her 'inconsolable' agony after her baby boy was decapitated in a botched birth.

Laura Gallazzi, 34, was rushed into hospital after only 25 weeks of being pregnant- but had no way of knowing that her the doctor trying to deliver her new born baby Steven would accidentally decapitate him.

Hospital - Red - Cross - Worker - Cord

When she arrived at hospital The British Red Cross worker was told she had suffered a prolapsed umbilical cord and she was 'petrified', but expecting a C-section.

Dr Vaishnavy Laxman, 43, attempted to carry out the delivery naturally at Dundee's Ninewells hospital and urged the patient to push whilst herself applying traction to the baby's legs.

Infant - Legs - Arms - Torso - Head

It caused the infant's legs, arms and torso to become detached, leaving the head still in his mother's womb.

Two other doctors subsequently carried out a C-section on the woman to remove the infant's head.

Baby - Head - Body - Mother - Goodbye

The baby's head was 're-attached' to his body so his mother could hold him before she said goodbye.

It is believed the child was already dead before he was decapitated during the bungled 15 minute delivery.

Nightmare - Sun - Laxman - Edge - Bed

Recalling her nightmare, she told The Sun: 'Dr Laxman sat to the edge of my bed.

'She told me Steven hadn't made it.

Things - Weeks

'I told her, 'Don't worry, these things happen.' I thought it was because I was only 25 weeks.

'I didn't know something untoward had happened. I even held her hand. I told her I forgave her.'

Laura - Husband - Steve - McCusker - Year

Laura and her husband Steve McCusker had spent a year trying to get pregnant and could not wait to be new parents.

She added: 'My son was dead and then they told me he had been decapitated. I was screaming, My poor baby.

'Why - C-section - Place - Son - Head

'Why didn't they give me the C-section in the first place? Instead of having to carry it out to retrieve my son's head?

'If I didn't have...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Homeschool or State Thought Police School, you choose.