Elvis' Cousin Worries That Other Pro-Life Democrats Have Left the Building

Townhall | 9/1/2018 | Staff
cindy95240 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.townhall.com/townhall/reu/s1280x720/2018/18/93af2e81-6fc6-4fbd-acdf-f70a833ba086.jpg

Did John McCain Collude with Terrorists?

NETTLETON, Miss. -- "When you got the last name Presley everybody's gonna get the question, are you related to Elvis? People definitely know I'm related, but I hope that ain't just all they know me for."

Meet - Brandon - Presley - Age - Mayor

Meet Brandon Presley, who at age 23 was the youngest mayor in the history of this small northeast Mississippi town that straddles both Lee and Monroe Counties. He's currently the public service commissioner for northern Mississippi. And, yes, he's the cousin of Elvis Presley.

"My granddaddy and Elvis' granddaddy where brothers," he explains. "In fact my grandfather carried Elvis and Gladys down to visit Vernon, his daddy at the state penitentiary, when he did a little time for altering a check."

Month - Elvis

They never met; he was born one month before Elvis died in 1977.

Presley, 41, is also a Democrat in a state that is a sea of Republican voters. He has voted for Democrats all of his life -- including former President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton -- and is doing OK despite his party affiliation.

Thing - Problems - Party - Broadband - Parts

"Well for one thing, problems aren't a political party, right? Take trying to get broadband in the rural parts of this state isn't a partisan problem, it's a community or regional problem, and that is what I do," he said, darting between meetings with utility companies who hold the keys to solving that issue.

Nettleton is located just 15 or so miles down the state highway from Tupelo, Mississippi, where "The King" was born. It's a small, racially mixed town where high school football is king and the challenge of keeping the beast of poverty at bay is no different than that in any other rural American small town.

Challenge - Family - Poverty

It was a challenge his family was unable to beat. He explains: "I grew up in pretty much complete poverty....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Townhall
Wake Up To Breaking News!