The Powerful Intersection of God’s Plans and Your Dreams

(in)courage | 8/31/2018 | Staff
Les7799 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/08312018_Dance_YourDreams-1200x858.jpg

When I realized the significance of Monday, I had a moment. It was my baby’s last first day of school.

Stephen is beginning his senior year of college, and just as I did for his older sister and brother, I’ve prayed him through these years. We may not have the opportunity to be physically proximate to one another, but prayer always keeps him (and all my babies) close in heart.

Course - Load - Semester - Resumé - Interviews

He’s intentionally carrying a heavy course load so his final semester can be light. He’s also busy polishing his resumé for the interviews that will take place in the weeks ahead. While his major is specific, the entry-level jobs he’s qualified for are across the board, and I cannot wait to see where he lands. Mamas are like cats in that we live many lives — our own but also the life of each child. We bear the weight of their losses. We savor the mirth of their successes. Love syncs the hearts of mothers and children so we can feel their pain and joy, but wisdom restrains us from imposing our unmet dreams on our children.

As his wonderful college experience reaches its natural end, he’s at the beginning of an exciting new season: the rest of his life. It’s hard for him to see it though — the incredible and endless opportunities in front of him. And thinking about his potential job opportunities has me thinking about my own potential.

Age - Season - Thing - Get - Satan

Yes, even at “my age.” It’s so easy to feel like it’s too late, like “that season” has passed you by, that you’re too old to begin a new thing. To that I say, Get behind me, Satan! Banish those negative thoughts! Every job I’ve had since college has involved writing in some way or another — even when I was director...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!