Ex-girlfriend accuses Keith Ellison of 'narcissist abuse': report

TheHill | 8/30/2018 | Megan Keller
Click For Photo: http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/monahankaren.jpg

Karen Monahan, Rep. Keith Ellison's (D-Minn.) ex-girlfriend, accused the the congressman of a type of emotional abuse she defined as “narcissist abuse" in an interview with The New York Times.

“Narcissist abuse is very difficult to understand,” Monahan said in the interview. “It’s the gaslighting, it’s the habitual lying, it’s the making it seem like it was my fault for even asking why something happened.”

Monahan - Hair - Narcissist - Abuse

Monahan said it degraded her physically, “My hair was falling out, I was anemic — narcissist abuse is horrid.”

The Times noted that "narcissist abuse" was not an official psychiatric designation, but a term describing self-centered people in relationships.

Keith - Ellison - Office - Hill - Times

Keith Ellison's office declined to comment when contacted by The Hill. The Times reported Ellison has denied abusing Monahan, and that he declined to speak to the newspaper for its story.

The Times report comes after Monahan had earlier this month claimed abuse allegations against the congressman, including that Ellison had dragged her off a bed after asking her to take out the trash.

Monahan - Video - Incident - Footage

Monahan also claimed she had a video of the incident, though she has not released any of the alleged footage.

Ellison, who is also vice chair of the Democratic National Committee, has denied that allegation.

Karen

“Karen and I were in a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TheHill
Wake Up To Breaking News!