Uganda Church Closes After Islamists Stone Pastor, Congregation for 'Stealing' Children

www.christianpost.com | 8/23/2018 | Staff
Firefang (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://data.christianpost.com/full/108082/uganda-church.jpg

(PHOTO: REUTERS/JAMES AKENA)A church bell hangs from a tree branch outside a Catholic church and a school in Odek village, Uganda.

A church in Uganda was forced to close following months of attacks by Islamists who stoned members of the congregation and knocked the pastor unconscious.

Pastor - Moreen - Sanyu - Greater - Love

Pastor Moreen Sanyu of Greater Love Church in Namasuba Para Zone, Wakiso District, told Morning Star News that she was hit in the head by a rock that smashed through the windows of the church on Aug. 4.

"I fell down and became unconscious," she said. "When I woke up, there were only a few members who surrounded me — the rest of the church members had fled in different directions."

Sanyu - Days - Hospital - Worship - Service

Sanyu was treated for two days in a hospital, but when she returned for worship service on Aug. 11, there were no congregants. The church, which had only formed in May 2017, had swelled to 400 people, but constant pelting with rocks for months had driven away hundreds of believers.

A local sheikh who wasn't named claimed that the church has been converting Muslim children to the Christian faith.

Children - Infidels - Church - Man

"We cannot watch our children joining infidels' church," the man said.

"The pastor has no respect for other people's religion, especially our innocent and immature children in Islamic faith," he added. "We have not persuaded the Christians to join our faith, hence why should the church keep on stealing our members?"

Sanyu - Accusations

Sanyu responded to the accusations...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Satan's greatest desire is to convince the world he doesn't exist, and he has quite nearly succeeded.