Mollie Tibbetts' cousin blasts conservatives for 'political propaganda'

Mail Online | 8/22/2018 | Jennifer Smith;Emily Crane For Dailymail.com
Refel_4309 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/22/19/4F4F3BA500000578-0-image-a-46_1534962615494.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/08/08/7513073327045430749/1024x576_MP4_7513073327045430749.mp4

A cousin of Mollie Tibbetts has slammed conservatives for using the college student's murder as 'political propaganda' after President Trump led the calls for tougher immigration after her killer's arrest.

Cristhian Rivera, a 24-year-old suspected illegal immigrant from Mexico, was charged on Tuesday with killing Mollie and dumping her body in a cornfield in her hometown of Brooklyn, Iowa on July 18.

Trump - Talk - Mollie - Death - Calls

Trump was among the first to turn talk of Mollie's death into calls for tighter immigration laws when he spoke at a rally in West Virginia late Tuesday.

Other conservatives, including commentator Candace Owen, also tweeted asking what leftists would do for Mollie after they 'cried when illegal immigrants were temporarily separated from their parents'.

Mollie - Cousin - Sam - Lucas - Owen

Mollie's cousin, Sam Lucas, lashed out at Owen in a series of fiery tweets saying she was using the college student's murder as political propaganda.

'We are not so f**king small-minded that we generalize a whole population based on some bad individuals. Now stop being a f**king snake and using my cousin's death as political propaganda. Take her name out of your mouth,' Sam wrote.

Fyi - @ - RealCandaceO - Family - Loving

'And fyi @RealCandaceO, my whole family is hurting right now and you're not helping. You're despicable and this is so far from the loving and kind soul that Mollie was. My prayers go out to you in hopes that maybe you'll become a better person. Not hedging my bets tho.'

Sam later clarified that she didn't speak for the whole Tibbetts family and was only trying to argue that they should be able to grieve without politics.

Mexican - Mollie - Death - Iowa - Cops

The Mexican national charged over Mollie's death had been living in Iowa and, according to cops and the government, had been working illegally for anywhere between four and seven years, police said on Tuesday.

He was arrested after recently recovered surveillance footage led police to his...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!