Hardline Italian minister vows tough justice for Britons who stripped in Rome fountain

Mail Online | 12/31/1969 | Julian Robinson for MailOnline
urbanpatrioturbanpatriot (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/22/09/4F4BA56F00000578-0-image-a-4_1534925638282.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/bc/rtmp_uds/1418450360/2015/09/28/1418450360_4515517575001_4515458162001.mp4

Italian authorities have posted officers at Rome's landmarks after two British tourists sparked outrage when they stripped and frolicked in a fountain outside a famous monument.

Police are now hunting the pair after their antics were captured on camera by a tour guide at the Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland) - a monument to war dead that was originally built in honour of Victor Emmanuel II, the first king of a unified Italy.

Italy - Hardline - Minister - Matteo - Salvini

Italy's hardline interior minister Matteo Salvini warned he intends to dish out harsh punishment to the two 'idiots' filmed posing for photos wearing only their underwear in the water at the foot of the city's Altare della Patria.

'I know how to 'educate' these idiots if they are caught. Italy is not their bathroom,' Salvini said on Twitter.

Number - Monuments - Trevi - Fountain - End

Now, a number of monuments - including the iconic Trevi Fountain - will be guarded 24/7 until the end of the summer.

Vice Mayor Luca Bergamo told local media: 'I can confirm for our citizens that local police have already taken 24-hour control of numerous famous sites.'

Trevi - Fountain - Piazza - Spagna - Piazza

As well as the Trevi fountain, Piazza di Spagna, Piazza Venezia, Piazza della Repubblica, Piazza Navona, Piazza del Popolo, Piazza della Madonna dei Monti, Piazza Trilussa, Campo de' Fiori, Fontana dell'Acqua Paola and the Fountain in Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere will be guarded.

Bergamo said: 'This offended every one of us including our country and the dead who are honoured by the monument.

'We - Behaviour - Stupidity - Ignorance - Lack

'We were faced with behaviour that demonstrated stupidity and ignorance as well as a lack of respect for the history of Rome and Italy.'

In the clip, one of the Britons can be seen removing his underwear and stuffing his genitals between his legs to pose naked for photos.

Others - Photos - Men

Others took photos as the men laughed and jokingly flexed their...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Nie wieder, unelected bureaucrat's running our country