Bolton: China, Russia, Iran, And North Korea Are All Meddling In 2018 Election

www.realclearpolitics.com | 8/19/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://assets.realclear.com/images/45/457880.jpg

National security adviser John Bolton says in addition to Russia, there's "sufficient national security concern" that China, Iran, and North Korea are meddling in the 2018 U.S. elections.

"Those are the four countries that we're most concerned about," he said in an interview with ABC's Martha Raddatz.

Full - Interview - Transcript

Full interview followed by transcript:

JOHN BOLTON, NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR: Well, this is a decision for the president. It’s something that I think was originally suggested by Senator Rand Paul, perhaps others. I was aware of it, along with I think most of the president’s other senior national security advisors a few weeks ago. He obviously made his decision and we go on from there.

RADDATZ - Authority - Nation - Information - Reason

RADDATZ: He cited his authority to protect the nation’s classified information as a reason and also refered to Brennan’s -- what he called erratic behavior, wild outbursts on the Internet and television.

Brennan has been a strong critic of the administration. But what does this have to do with protecting classified information?

BOLTON - Senator - Richard - Burr - Chairman

BOLTON: Well, you know, I think Senator Richard Burr, the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, whom I don’t think anybody could excuse of being a gofer for the Trump administration, had some very trenchant observations on Brennan’s behavior since he left with CIA, and I think also on his behavior while he was at the CIA. It was my view at the time that he and others in the Obama administration were politicizing intelligence. I think that’s a very dangerous thing to do.

And I think especially for senior intelligence officials, career intelligence officials who come out of the government, to keep that wall of separation between intelligence policy. And I don’t think Brennan has follow that and, you know, whether he actually used classified information, I think people will be able to determine. But I think that’s a serious...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.realclearpolitics.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!