Does the Catholic Church Have a Homosexual Problem?

www.christianpost.com | 3/7/2013 | Staff
Alenaaa (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://data.christianpost.com/full/118268/vatican.jpg

(Photo: Reuters/Stefano Rellandini)Saint Peter's Basilica is pictured at the Vatican March 7, 2013.

Due to the sensitive nature of this article, it's important that I make some preliminary statements. There will be enough controversy if my words are rightly understood, let alone misunderstood.

Catholic - Basher - Second - Catholic - Church

First, I am not a Catholic basher. Second, I am not claiming that the Catholic Church has a monopoly on sexual scandals. Third, I believe the vast majority of homosexual men stand with me in denouncing pedophilia and "man-boy love." Fourth, as we focus on predatory priests, we must not forget their victims. Some of the abused have lost faith for life. Others bear their scars in different, significant ways. They must not be forgotten in the midst of our outrage and grief.

The question, then, is simple: Does the Catholic Church have a homosexual problem?

Cardinal - Raymond - Burke - Studies - Abuse

According to Cardinal Raymond Burke, "It was clear after the studies following the 2002 sexual abuse crisis that most of the acts of abuse were in fact homosexual acts committed with adolescent young men. There was a studied attempt to either overlook or to deny this. Now it seems clear in light of these recent terrible scandals that indeed there is a homosexual culture, not only among the clergy but even within the hierarchy, which needs to be purified at the root. It is of course a tendency that is disordered."

If you're surprised to hear this candid admission, you're not alone. As Cardinal Burke observed, "There was a studied attempt to either overlook or to deny this."

Catholicism - Problem - Pedophilia - Scandals - Terms

Yes, it was fine to talk about Catholicism's problem with pedophilia. It was fine to discuss sexual scandals in broad terms. But it was basically forbidden to connect them directly to homosexuality.

Is it true that homosexual pedophiles are more likely to abuse boys then heterosexual pedophiles are likely to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: