Rosamund Pike Says She Was Asked to Strip for 'Die Another Day' Audition

The Hollywood Reporter | 8/18/2018 | Katie Kilkenny
Click For Photo: https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/2017/04/gettyimages-670969842_-_h_2017.jpg

"I just thought 'Actually sod that,'" the 'Hostiles' actress said.

Rosamund Pike says that she was asked to strip down to her underwear during an audition for the 2002 James Bond film Die Another Day, in which she was eventually cast as femme fatale Miranda Frost.

Hostiles - Actress - Actress - Producers - Respect

The Hostiles actress says that, as just a 21-year-old actress, she refused and eventually won the producers' respect as a result. The interview appeared in an "Audible Session" to promote an audiobook of Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility that Pike narrated.

“My first audition was for a Bond film and I remember them saying I was to drop my dress and appear in my underwear,” she said in the interview. "On the day, I don’t know how I got the resolve and strength of mind, but I just thought 'Actually sod that, if they're gonna see me in my underwear, they better give me the job.' So, I thought, 'There's no way I'm going to take off a dress in the audition for this tape to be sent around Los Angeles and to be judged...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Hollywood Reporter
Wake Up To Breaking News!