BEES AND THE SPIRITUALITY OF IMPERFECT

Godspacelight | 8/18/2018 | Staff
pixielilia (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/sacred-honey.jpg

Fun evening with JR Woodward and some local church planters

A post shared by Christine Sine (@christine.sine) on

Trinity Sunday at @cotapostlse

Love the peonies

Celebrating sending my edited manuscript for The Gift of Wonder off to IVPress

What do you think of the cover design

Wonderful get a few minutes with our good friend Alan Hirsch this afternoon

Wonderful to have Scott Mackey with us this morning

This month’s theme, the Spirituality of Imperfect, triggered some discomfort around the prospect of writing about “the imperfect” parts of life, self, and spirituality.

Then there was the curious notion of imperfect actually being spiritual. Perhaps it would be something like the Japanese concept of wabi-sabi, a world view centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection.

Today - Honey - Awareness - Day - Things

Today is also “honey bee awareness day” and somehow those two things, honey bees and the Spirituality of Imperfect needed to be brought together and produce a pearl of spiritual insight.

There’s a reason we need to have honey bee awareness day. It’s because bees are in trouble. They’re dying from a number of interrelated causes, and we are responsible for the two most destructive factors, pesticides and habitat loss. The way we live on this planet is highly imperfect when it comes to balancing our short term needs (and wants) and making ecologically sound decisions that support both the natural world and humanity’s long term needs, such as sustainable and reliable food sources. Seventy out of the top one hundred human food crops are pollinated by bees. These crops supply about ninety percent of the worlds nutrition. The loss of bees is not only a tragedy but it puts our own survival at risk as well.

Spirituality - Imperfect - Graces - Forgiveness - Restoration

A Spirituality of Imperfect brings to mind the triple graces, forgiveness, restoration and unity. These three powerful energies are able to work on behalf of imperfection to create something beautiful. Since my own spirituality will always be imperfect that’s reassuring.

Something imperfect is generally thought of as blemished, marred, tainted, stained, broken, bent, twisted, ruined, or lacking. Imperfect is always what my own spirituality will be in and of itself. However, when grafted into the True Vine, my own spiritual life will have infinitely more love and goodness in it for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!
NY Times, a small niche paper for a small niche people in a really big internet