Michael J Fox 'drank heavily' after his Parkinson's Disease diagnosis

Mail Online | 8/15/2018 | Heidi Parker For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/15/14/4F1CC71500000578-0-image-a-9_1534340953585.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/11/03/4737314924867832934/1024x576_MP4_4737314924867832934.mp4

Michael J Fox of Family Ties fame was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 1991.

And it was a hard pill to swallow for the energetic young actor - he was only 30-years-old at the time - who had made a fortune on his Back To The Future films.

Issue - People - Star - Tracy - Pollan

In the new issue of People, the 57-year-old star, who has been wed to actress Tracy Pollan since 1988, revealed that he took to drinking soon after he was handed the bad news about his health.

Parkinson's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder causing tremors and, when the disease has matured, the loss of motor skills.

Fox - Wine - Bottles - Wife - Illness

Fox said that he was drinking heavily and hiding the wine bottles from his wife because he found it too hard to cope with his new illness.

It caused friction with Tracy, with whom he shares son Sam, 29, twin daughters Schuyler and Aquinnah, 23, and daughter Esmé, 16.

'I - Family - Teen - Wolf - Star

'I was isolating myself from my family,' said the Teen Wolf star.

Tracy added, 'It was scary because you just don't know how it is going to turn out.'

Morning - Floor

One morning when she found him passed out on the floor, she let him know she was over it. Instead of being angry, she looked 'bored' with it all, he said.

Tracy asked him, 'Is this what you want? Is this what you want to be?' She then walked out the door.

Michael - Act

Michael cleaned up his act and decided his...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sorry Mr. Franklin, we couldn't keep it.