Social Security Fails

Townhall | 8/15/2018 | Staff
DanRules394 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.townhall.com/townhall/reu/s1280x720/2018/160/faf16133-e2e3-4597-b0bd-f6eeea9ee0c0.jpg

What If Everybody Sucks At Everything?

Social Security is running out of money.

Fact

You may not believe that, but it's a fact.

That FICA money taken from your paycheck was not saved for you in a "trust fund." Politicians misled us. They spent every penny the moment it came in.

Social - Security - FICA - Payments - Workers

This started as soon as they created Social Security. They assumed that FICA payments from young workers would cover the cost of sending checks to older people. After all, at the time, most Americans died before they reached 65.

Now, however, people keep living longer. There just aren't enough young people to cover my Social Security checks.

Security - Year - Program - Time

So Social Security is going broke. This year, the program went into the red for the first time.

Presidents routinely promise to fix this problem.

George - W - Bush - Social - Security

George W. Bush said he'd "strengthen and save" Social Security. Barack Obama said he'd "safeguard" it, and Donald Trump said that he'll "save" it.

But none has done anything to save it.

Plan - Choices - Heritage - Foundation - Budget

"There is a plan out there to save it, but it requires some tough choices," says Heritage Foundation budget analyst Romina Boccia.

Heritage proposes cutting payments to rich people and raising the retirement age to 70.

Luck - Seniors - Vote - Politicians - Benefits

Good luck with that. Seniors vote. Most vote against politicians who suggest cutting benefits.

This summer, interviewing people for my new video about Social Security's coming bankruptcy, was the first time I had heard the majority of such a group say they were aware there is a problem. One said, "We're already at a trillion dollars (deficit) ... (I)t's almost like a big Ponzi scheme."

Scheme - Ponzi - Money - Social - Security

Actually, more like a pyramid scheme. Ponzi schemes secretly take your money. But the Social Security trick is written into the law -- there for anyone who bothers to look.

Social Security isn't the only hard choice ahead of us. Medicare will run out of money in just eight years....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Townhall
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: