Westminster attack officers praised for their bravery and quick response

Mail Online | 8/15/2018 | Dianne Apen-sadler For Mailonline
elio25 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/15/01/4F19356300000578-0-image-a-14_1534292247306.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/08/14/8843249491816329393/1024x576_MP4_8843249491816329393.mp4

Police have been praised for running into the face of danger during the Westminster terror attack to rapidly arrest the suspect yesterday.

Salih Khater, 29, veered off the road careering into pedestrians and cyclists at 50mph near Parliament Square before crashing into a barrier sending two police officers diving to safety.

Minutes - Driver - Seat - Vehicle - Officers

Within minutes the driver was dragged from the driving seat of the crumpled vehicle by armed officers who surrounded the silver Ford Fiesta.

Khater was arrested on suspicion of terror offences and is being held in custody at a police station in south London.

MPs - Members - Public - Twitter - Brave

Both MPs and members of the public have taken to Twitter to praise the brave officers for their quick reactions to the shocking carborne attack at 7.37am.

MP Amber Rudd said: 'My thoughts are with all those injured and affected by today's attack in Westminster.

Bravery - Professionalism - Emergency - Services - None

'I've seen first-hand the bravery and professionalism of our emergency services and I know it is second to none. I want to thank them for their swift response this morning.'

David Lammy, MP for Tottenham, added: 'Awful news from Westminster. My thoughts are with all those injured. Thanks for a quick response from @metpoliceuk, Parliament security and the London Ambulance Service.'

Author - Mike - Pannett - '*SHOUTOUT* - Metpoliceuk

Author Mike Pannett wrote: '*SHOUTOUT* to my former .@metpoliceuk colleagues - Once more a solid, selfless & brave job in #Westminster earlier today.

'Running towards the danger not knowing what they might face was humbling to say the least. Also well...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!