‘I Can Only Imagine’ Team Inks First-Look Film & TV Deal With Lionsgate

Deadline | 8/9/2018 | Patrick Hipes
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/i-can-only-imagine2.jpg?w=605

Lionsgate has signed a first-look deal with writer-directors Andrew and Jon Erwin and producing partner Kevin Downes, the team behind the latest faith-based box office success I Can Only Imagine. The pact will see the trio develop, produce and direct film and TV projects via their new Kingdom banner, with the aim to expand the studio’s reach in the faith market.

Related'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The...

Imagine - March - Release - Lionsgate - Sister

I Can Only Imagine has grossed $83.5 million since its March release via Lionsgate’s sister company Roadside Attractions, that company’s highest-grossing pic to date. It joined fellow Lionsgate success stories in the faith-based marketplace that include the Oscar-nominated Hacksaw Ridge and The Shack.

The Erwin brothers’ previous directing credits include 2015’s Woodlawn, also produced with Downes. Now they join a Lionsgate roster of creatives that include Paul Feig, Eugenio Derbez, Kevin Hart, Justin Simien, Courtney Kemp, and Ed Zwick & Marshall Herskovitz, among others.

Relationship - Andrew - Jon - Kevin - Exciting

“We’re proud to expand our relationship with Andrew, Jon and Kevin through this exciting and collaborative, cross-divisional partnership,” said Lionsgate Motion Picture Group chairman Joe Drake and Television Group chairman...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Deadline
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...