Student who suffers a rare skin tearing condition stars in lingerie campaigns 

Mail Online | 8/3/2018 | Martha Cliff for MailOnline
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/02/10/4EC3353C00000578-0-image-a-33_1533202693101.jpg

Click For Video: https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/08/02/920902831192494039/1024x576_MP4_920902831192494039.mp4

A student who says she was told she would 'never be attractive' by an ex due to her rare skin tearing condition has defied cruel comments to become a lingerie model.

Lucy Beall-Lott, 19, of Fife, Scotland, has recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (RDEB) - meaning any friction can cause her skin to shred-off, leaving painful blisters and wounds.

Hours - Skin - Bandages - Infection

Since she was diagnosed at just a few hours old, she has needed to shield her fragile skin with bandages to prevent potentially deadly infection.

Growing up she would hide her body, following the strangers stares and hurtful comments, including being asked if she was in a 'horrific accident' or if she was 'mauled by a gorilla'.

Condition - Years - Lucy - Santa - Fei

But after learning to embrace her condition and revealing her scarring online two years ago, Lucy, originally from Santa Fei in New Mexico, started modelling on the catwalk, for lingerie brands such as Label Press.

Despite her wounds being visible, she is proud to show off her skin, never previously believing her condition would be considered 'beautiful'.

Lucy - Studies - Art - History - Latin

Lucy, who studies Art History and Latin at the University of St Andrews, said: 'I never thought I'd be doing underwear photoshoots. It's incredible, the comments I have received so far, they have been amazing.

'Starting to think that someone like me can be associated with beauty can change future women's perceptions of scarring, similar conditions and more.

Comments - People - Things - People - Perceptions

'I'm used to comments where people have told me I looked diseased and things like that, so I was trying to change people's perceptions.

'One of my exes told me he could 'never be attracted to me' because of my skin, it was very insensitive.

Lingerie - Shoot - Comment

'So when I was asked to do a lingerie shoot, I did think back to his comment that I could 'never be attractive.'

'It's a nice feeling and seeing how I've worked on my own body...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...