‘Lethal Weapon’: Damon Wayans On Casting Shakeup & “Lighter” Season 3

Deadline | 8/3/2018 | Nellie Andreeva
Click For Photo: https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/lethal-weapon-2.jpg?w=605

Right after Fox in May renewed Lethal Weapon with Seann William Scott replacing Clayne Crawford as new co-lead opposite Damon Wayans, the In Living Color alum called out Crawford on Twitter, including.posting a photo of a flyer that said “Clayne Crawford is an emotional terrorist.”

Wayans has largely kept silent on the subject since but at the Fox TV party Thursday night, he was asked to address the events that led to Crawford’s dismissal.

Luck - Wayans - Onward

“I wish him the best, I wish him luck,” Wayans said, adding, “Onward and upward.”

Wayans noted that the ouster should not have come as a surprise to Crawford, whose character was shot in the Season 2 finale, a shot that has become fatal to accommodate writing off his character. “I know that he was involved in all the writing, he knew he was being shot, and he was very happy with where the show was going,” Wayans said. “He was involved in the process.”

Wayans - Scott - Crawford - Show - Change

Wayans hinted that he and Scott are getting along far better than he did with Crawford, and that the show is undergoing a tonal change.

“We’re only the first (episode) in but it is definitely a lot lighter in tone, and we...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Deadline
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...