Mother cures her psoriasis with a £4 cream for babies

Mail Online | 7/26/2018 | Siofra Brennan For Mailonline
malik778 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/26/09/4E9559DA00000578-0-image-a-46_1532595153359.jpg

A mother who spent 20 years wearing thick tights to cover up severe psoriasis is going bare-legged in the heatwave for the first time, thanks to a £4 moisturiser for children.

Kirsty Usher, 46, from Bristol was so self-conscious about the plaques on her legs she has worn 100 denier black tights year-round since the age of 27.

Mother-of-two - Flare - Ups - Prescription - Medication

The mother-of-two was plagued by regular flare ups, despite trying prescription medication and remedies such as UVB light treatment, leaving her frequently reduced to tears as her confidence plummeted.

Then, in December 2017, she saw a post about Childs Farms products on Facebook and after buying the brands £4 Baby Moisturiser she saw a noticeable difference in her skin within days.

Summer - Legs - Time - Decades

This summer, she's been able to bare her legs for the first time in almost two decades.

'For the past twenty years I have been so self-conscious about my legs that I have been wearing 100 denier tights, even in the middle of summer,' Kirsty said.

Psoriasis - Legs - Elbows

'The worst of my psoriasis has always been on my legs, but it also goes on my elbows and scalp too.

'I can tell people think it is contagious by the looks they give me, so I've always thought it was just easier to cover up rather than be made to feel uncomfortable by people staring.

Evening - Friends - Tights - Home - Bar

'One evening I went out with my friends and they convinced me to leave the tights at home. At the bar, a man came up to us and ridiculed me for my legs. That was it then - I never went out without my tights on after that.'

Kirsty first developed the condition aged 27, seemingly overnight.

'I - Morning - Measles - Spots - Body

'I just woke up one morning covered in what looked like measles. I had tiny pink spots all over my body,' she recalled.

'I went to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!