Without Marvel, Comic-Con was a letdown. Here's to next year

CNET | 7/24/2018 | Caitlin Petrakovitz
gabriella250 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/ADCaUw2I2OwBRL4BfCs5pe8S674=/670x503/2018/07/22/3f8f7b5b-8d97-43de-9753-ade04f3d03a5/cosplay-comic-con-20185850.jpg

Seems legit.

Comic-Con 2018 was huge and over the top, with more extreme experiences than I'd seen in the decade since I first started attending SDCC. It was the first year I didn't feel like I missed anything major and, dare I say, the first year I felt a little bored.

Calmer - Year - Chill - News - Announcements

I wouldn't say I felt calmer this year, but 2018 did feel slower and more chill than before with no major news or announcements coming until Saturday during the Warner Bros. panel. There was no big, crazy reveal Wednesday during preview night, no major stunners Thursday (though seeing the new Doctor on stage was wonderful), and Friday passed with little to get excited about.

I swear it's not that I've grown bored with Comic-Con . This year produced my two favorite activations *ever* and that was no small feat: Taco Bell's pop-up brought out the big guns and Amazon Prime Video's Jack Ryan experience took participants to Yemen.

DC - Ton - Info - San - Diego

DC brought a ton of info to San Diego, too, including details on its new streaming service, tons of new trailers and tidbits about new DC Extended Universe films that excited even this MCU fan.

2:53

Summer - Absence - Saturday - Night - Marvel

But this summer, the absence of a Saturday night Marvel Studios panel or a look at the final season of Game of Thrones was deeply felt. In fact, both Disney and HBO took SDCC off this year, and that was a letdown. Especially considering that all the rumors and slips point to the final GoT season premiering in spring 2019, the show could very well end its run before Comic-Con 2019.

At the opening of Avengers: Infinity War in April, Disney set a record of 117 days for the fastest gross to $1 billion, according to Box Office Mojo. With that milestone and with numerous financial records for both Black Panther...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
With God all things are possible, but not probable.